Scripture, Logic, Language - Table of Contents
Series Editor’s Preface by E. Gene Smith
Acknowledgments and Notes on the Bibliographic Sources
Scripturally Based Argumentation
1. Dharmakīrti, Āryadeva and Dharmapāla on Scriptural Authority
2. How Much of a Proof is Scripturally Based Inference?
3. Pre-Dharmakīrti Commentators on the Deﬁnition of a Thesis
4. On Parārthānumāna, Theses and Syllogisms
5. On Sapakṣa
6. Formal and Semantic Aspects of Tibetan Buddhist Debate Logic
7. Dharmakīrti and Tibetans on Adṛśyānupalabdhihetu
8. What is the Svadharmin in Buddhist logic?
9. Is Buddhist Logic Non-classical or Deviant?
Philosophy of Language
10. On the So-called Diﬃcult Point of the Apoha Theory
11. What Can One Reasonably Say about Nonexistence?
Co-authored by Donald S. Lopez, Jr.