- Looking for a creative, joyful celebration of Buddhism in music, meditation, and film? Check out Buddhafest! Wisdom author Barbara Bonner will be speaking there alongside meditation teachers Gelek Rimpoche, Tara Brach, Roshi Joan Halifax, and others. The festival takes place June 19-22 in Arlington, VA.
- Dan Harris Led Colbert's Audience in a Meditation Last Night - ABC Anchor Dan Harris talked about his new book, 10% Happier, on the Colbert Report last night, and led Colbert and the audience through a mindfulness meditation. See the video at Mindful.
- Overcoming obstacles to meditate - it’s not always easy to get yourself on the cushion--and the More Than Sound blog has some helpful hints for how to do it.
- Check out the new Shambhala Sun, featuring “The Real Problem with Distraction,” and much more, at Shambhala SunSpace
- The Woman in the Photograph - Meditation teacher and author Martine Batchelor reflects on identifying with her former self at Tricycle
The Wisdom Blog: Classic & Contemporary Buddhism
In Other News...Buddhafest, the Colbert Show meditates, + more
by Kestrel Slocombe
April 3, 2014