- Is the “privileged 1%” hijacking mindfulness? Rev. Danny Fisher provides a comprehensive and helpful round-up of the recent buzz about privilege and mindfulness practice at Off the Cushion.
- Does Meditation Really Work? - In 10% Happier, a self-help guide even skeptics will embrace, ABC News’ Dan Harris crushes stereotypes about meditation and recounts how it slashed his stress and quieted his anxious mind. Read an excerpt at Parade.com.
- Dalai Lama to Larry King: Same-Sex Marriage is Okay (Via Shambhala SunSpace)
- Mindfulness Center Raising Funds For Mental Health Initiative - The Oxford Mindfulness Center in the UK is raising funds to support and expand its mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT) program. (Via Mindful)
- Women Ancestors -- The Invisible Lineage. In honor of Women’s History Month, the Interdependence Blog explores the story of female teachers in Buddhism, and provides a guided practice for honoring women.
The Wisdom Blog: Classic & Contemporary Buddhism
In Other News...Is the “privileged 1%” hijacking mindfulness? & more
by Kestrel Slocombe
March 10, 2014