- Another New Year - Sitting still in the dark zendo and breathing with others is exactly what Natalie Goldberg needs. On this last night of the year, she wonders what this human life is all about.
- Nirvana Baby Steps - “I have tiptoed into nirvana,” writes Barbara O’Brien of About.com Buddhism, “and am here with a preliminary report. And it’s so cool.”
- Obituary: Myogen Steve Stücky - The former Central Abbot of San Francisco Zen Center, Myogen Steve Stücky, died this morning. Read James Ishmael Ford’s post here and Wild Fox Zen’s here.
- Following your spiritual path into the new year takes courage--and courage takes vulnerability. Don’t miss Brené Brown’s phenomenal viral TED talk on the power of vulnerability.
- This time of year more than any reminds us of one of the Buddha’s most essential teachings: change. Jade Mountains explores this topic beautifully in this brief, potent post, “Time Passes. Listen. Time Passes.”
The Wisdom Blog: Classic & Contemporary Buddhism
In Other News...going bravely and vulnerably into the New Year
by Kestrel Slocombe
December 31, 2013